Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fly Away Summer

Summer is definitely moving by too fast. Classes are rapidly approaching (along with my on-campus job that I am looking forward to going back to).
I am not ready to say goodbye to summer yet, but the time has come to pay tribute to some of the summer activities I have already participated in and mention some that are still on my summer wish list.

Ultimate Frisbee: This summer my weekly Ultimate Frisbee games have taken hold. I have formed new friendships, re-established old friendships, and continue to hope that our little group will expand. I hope to keep the games going during the school year as well. Every Thursday at 7:00pm

Pool Parties: It was fun having a party at a house my friend was house-sitting (yes we had permission from the owner!). It was my first party of the summer and a good jump away from my studious school life and back in with friends.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2: I know that Harry Potter craziness has taken over the internet, facebook, T.V. commercials, and for some people life, but I have to mention it. My family and I went as the Hogwarts Founders (Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Gryfindor, and Salazar Slytherin; complete with the horcruxes of each house). We had a great time with family and friends (Who were also dressed up. We had Bill Weasley, Tonks, Random Hogwarts student, and a very young Harry Potter).


Lake Mead LDSSA Trip: Going to the lake to tube, wake board, swim, and seriously sunburn with my campus service group. It was pretty crazy. Loads of fun. I re-injured my wrist and third degree burned my legs (I know, skin cancer, too late now).

There have also been random adventures going on that don't fit exactly right in a category of their own. So here are some just honorable mentions: Hide and Seek (yes we are old and still try to play these games), teaching a boy to french braid while I am teacher and test dummy, and airsoft escapades into the desert.

Some things I still hope to accomplish but am running out of time for: Beach trip: not lake mead, salt water, ocean, sandy beach. This is the first summer in a long time that I have not had plans to venture to some sun-drenched sandy shore along the coastline. It is sort of killing me. I really love to see the ocean. I hope I can make it there before classes commence. Heading to Utah: I have not migrated up to Utah or Idaho yet this summer to see my family. Another summer oddity. And Girls' Nights. One of the things I was supposed to do this summer but seriously failed at. I neglect a lot of people during the school year, things just get crazy. But over the summer even though we vowed to do it at least monthly, I have failed.

I hope you are all having a great summer. That the fun has been great and the burns have been minimal, and that you don't have unfulfilled summer wishes like me.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment